Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What's In The Works


Happy Fall to you all!  Thought I would show one of the many projects I've been working on for the fall/Thanksgiving season. 
We make all of our own ceramics - from pouring, to cleaning, firing and painting.  As many of you know, this can be a lengthy process, especially when making multiples of one item.  So now I'm working on miniature ceramic pumpkins.  First, my dear husband applies a base coat of paint with the airbrush gun, and this is what I'm now working with:

I then apply multiple coats of different shades to the mini pumpkins, then spray with a clear finish.  And since it's getting so cold now, I thought it would be good to add some frost on the old pumpkins.  So my final frosted pumpkins look like this:
You can find these pumpkins listed in our Etsy Shop!   

1 comment: