Friday, January 25, 2013

Bump in the Road

Hi everyone!  I know I haven't posted any progress in a week or so, but that's because I've been very busy with my "real" job, which is making mini's for our Etsy Shop and Ebay Store.  Will be listing new items this weekend!  

The last pictures you saw were of me starting the windows for the cottage, which I have gotten no further on unfortunately. 



 But I have been conversing with Richard from Huntley House Miniatures about how I want to do my roof and he has been of tremendous help with the roof!!  I will be using wood veneer on my roof to give it a unique look!   A wood veneer is a very thin slice of attractive or expensive wood that is applied (usually) over a less expensive piece of wood.  Why pay for the whole thickness when you’re only going to see the outside, right?  So this is the choice I have made for my roof! Perhaps not the exact color in the picture below, but you get the idea.

This is what a piece of wood veneer looks like.  I will be cutting it in strips to give the roof that layered look like a thatched roof - but not thatched... does that make sense? LOL!  Anyway, I can picture it in my mind how I wanted it to look, so lets see if my hands will do what my mind tells them to!  Can't wait to get started on the roof for my cottage!  



Stop by often and visit for a while, never know what might be happening next!  Also, be sure to keep an eye out for the February giveaway!  If it's cold and snowing where you are then bundle up, drink something hot and work on those miniatures!




1 comment:

  1. Seguro que queda fantastica, tienes grandes ideas y estoy deseando ver como la decoras por dentro.....es lo que mas me gusta hacer a mi, hacer una casita tiene mucho trabajo y es mas divertido decorarla jejeje
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete